Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Wife, the Maid, and...??

The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress 

No, this is not a repeat posting from December 2013, rather a follow-up based upon Ariel Lawhon's recent blog post




As I read Ms. Lawhon's post regarding further information about Ritzi's life after 1930, I believe I felt the shock, relief, and then happiness the author must have felt upon being contacted by Ritzi's descendants... Wait? Ritzi's descendants? Yes, the real story is that she herself disappeared from New York in the aftermath of the mysterious disappearance of Judge Joseph Crater, changed her name, and began life anew. Miss Lawhon had felt that Ritzi must have died in 1930, but how wonderful to learn she did not only live, but thrived...

I just wanted to share this "human interest" story. I thought it noteworthy...

And if you've not yet read this book, stop...and...read...it...now! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment