Here is my introductory posting!
As of Monday, September 5, I have read all but two:
Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson
The First Four Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I will first finish The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander for the Social Justice Book Club,
then the Wilder book for our Read-Along and then the Woodson book.
I have a few reviews to finish and post, but I am happy with what I completed.
If not for a totally unreasonable workload this summer, I would have finished them all!
(4) Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (July 29 2016)
(5) These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder (September 4 2016)
for the Social Justice Book Club
founded by Kerry at Entomology of a Bookworm,
Shannon of River City Reading, and Shaina of Shaina Reads.
We switched this to We Could Be Beautiful by Swan Huntley,
since I won a free copy for each of our book club members! YAY!!
Thank you, Penguin Random House! A kickass debut!
(12) Circling the Sun by Paula McLain (June 5 2016)
Need to have this read by Friday, June 4th
I was unable to attend the above-mentioned event! Maybe next time! :)
But I'm thrilled I read this book!
(14) Blackout by David Rosenfelt (June 1 2016)
(15) Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson
(16) Home to Woefield by Susan Juby (July 23 2016)
(17) Enchanted Islands by Allison Amend
(Read May 28 2016, blog post to come!)
7-1-16 Update: Since I just committed to #EliotAlong reading
I will have to put At the Existentialist Cafe on hold for now.
And I am substituting Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty (August 13 2016)
for Middlemarch. Too much work has kept me from reading that one right now. :(
(19) The Hemingway Book Club of Kosovo by Paula Huntley
(Read June 26 2016, blog post to come!)
(20) On the Far Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George (June 5 2016)